Tuesday 29 May 2012

Paddling to Munkholmen

The beauty of being a student is that one has the liberty to seize the day when an opportunity shows itself. So last week, when we had a miraculously long period with sun and warm weather, we grabbed the chance to go for a morning paddling trip to Munkholmen. Munkholmen is an island just outside Trondheim. Sadly I have never been there before, so I am happy I got the chance before I leave the city.
It did not take more than 30 minutes to get there, and that was in a very slow pace indeed. The water was completely still and the sun was warm. The words we all kept saying ware idyllic and fantastic.
Well ashore on the island we sat down to relax a bit, being a bit tired from the early start. A tip for others planning to take the trip: bring breakfast or at least coffee=)
On the island we also got to see plenty of birds nesting. Because they are so well camouflaged they were hard to spot, and one time I did not see it until it was inches away from my foot. Even though they were lying next to the path and we walked passed them, they did not move at all! Either they are very tough or they are used to people.

Thanks to Magnus who managed to take photoes while we were paddling. I am not quite there yet, but soon:)

Very happy group:)


A "short" stop at the island to relax in the sun

See what I mean?

It's beautiful in Trondheim when the weather is right

The view towards Trondheim from Munkholmen


No comments:

Post a Comment