Friday 4 May 2012

BDO-mila

In the typical Trondheim weather BDO-mila, a running competition, was arranged with more than 500 participants. That's many for a run on a weekday in Trondheim. Due to lack of shape, I did not run, but of course I went to cheer on the sporty people who did=)
The run was made up by six laps around a fortress on top of a hill (a bit like the fortress in Newcastle(Australia) making it a 10 km long run. The laps were pretty flat, but that also meant no breaks, and believing my friends who participated it was a tough run. I had a good time cheering with my friend Ragnhild and a friend of hers, and it was as always inspiring to see how fit people are. It makes me want to get that extra energy they seem to have. Especially the winner, no one even came close to beating him. As most sports events these days, this one also had their celebrities participating: Petter Northug and Eldar Rønning from the national team in cross country skiing. Eldar did best of the two as he was the third one to finish.

It was so much fun to see so many familiar faces participating and especially people I know are not runners, but do different kinds of sports. What I did miss was familiar female participants. I did not see one woman I know in the whole race; we have to get better at participating in competitions girls! Here are some photoes of sporty people=) I apologize for the poor quality, butthe cold made it difficult...
The start, rather crowded and at one point we worried they would run over some of the small children who started before them..

3 men ran from the rest already in the beginning


Audun, still with good spirit:)

Haakon(to the right) in deep concentration

Eldar runnig past Ola, but it didn't last long before Ola tried to pass him again and did so too!=)

Eivind with some energy left:)





No comments:

Post a Comment