Friday 25 May 2012

Testing VO2 max -a trend in Norway

It has become more and more popular among athletes and rich men in the capital who train as if they were professionals to test ones maximum consumption of oxygen. This obsession has grown to a business and last autumn the milk acid factory was established. This is a place where anyone can pay a nice amount of money and get there oxygen consumption measured and also get guidance regarding their training. The subject has become very popular and even though I don't think it is necessary to do these sorts of test unless you are a professional athlete, I have become curious how I would do on the test. I haven't acted on this curiosity because I did not want to spend the money, but when a friend needed help with tests for her thesis, I had do grab the opportunity. I did not look forward to it (all I knew was that it would be painful) nor did I have high expectations for my result. And I was right, it was very tough and I am in no shape what so ever. More information about the subject can be found here. For those who are thinking about doing the test, I would recommend it, although I am not sure how much I would be willing to pay for it. It was a fun experience but I am afraid that since I have done it once I will continue to do the test in the future.

I did the test on a treadmill, but they also wanted test persons going on a huge treadmill on roller skies. Unfortunately I did not have my equipment in Trondheim so I could not do it, but my brother volunteered=) He did much better on the test and I am quite impressed. No photoes of me luckily, but here are some of my handsome brother:)
Getting ready...

Safety is always important

The test crew:)
Also other tests were done, jumping with skiing shoes is not easy..


No comments:

Post a Comment