Sunday 6 November 2011

The girls day

As a part of recruiting girls to study technical courses the university arranges "the girls day". They invite girls who are in there last year of high school to come visit the university. 250 girls came and so we just had to convince them that what we do is fun! I volunteered for the day and helped out in the lab. The girls were to make a sign with their name by soldering. Their sign was preprogrammed but they had to solder some components to a circuit board. Most of them had never done anything like it before, and they were very pleased when the sign worked; their name runs over a "screen". I too was pleased, since I hadn't done any soldering for two years I was anxious I couldn't be much help. Luckily we got the chance to make our own sign before the girls came, after a couple of minutes I got the hang of it again and remembered how much fun it is!=)

I hope the day was a success and that the girls had fun! I did:)

The girls got a 5 minute lecture before they started

You need to concentrate when you're soldering


Happy with the result=)

No comments:

Post a Comment