Monday 19 December 2011

Preparing for Christmas

To get in to the right mood before Christmas some of my friends from home got together for a pre-Christmas weekend. We started the weekend with a relaxing evening eating Christmas cookies and a lot of other sweets typical for Christmas and other candy. Yes, we got a sugar high. Except from eating way too much we watched the best feel-good-film ever: Love Actually=) The film makes me feel good and puts me in a Christmas mood. By the end of the evening we were all merry:p

The next day we got together for a pre-Christmas party, one got get enough of them. The night was a huge success. Except from that I tend to get bored whenever I go out in Norway. This time we tried a place called Barmuda. The place is okay, but there is no place to dance or put your clothes. When I got bored and tired of people being rude, I decided to be Australian for the rest of the night. I started saying excuse me and I'm sorry and people became less rude and more polite. I liked it! I especially liked that I managed to fool people even though I know they were drunk.
As a nice ending to the evening we ran in to one of the ministers in the Norwegian Government: Trond Giske. And he invited us along to an afterparty. It was fun seeing him in a different context than what one usually see politicians. Here are some photos from the night. Oh, and I almost forgot. In Norway we make a circle and walk around the Christmas tree and sing carols. Before Christmas there are lots of decorated trees around in the city so of course we had to sing a song, thanks to the people who joined. It was great fun!
Prepartying with only girls means you get help to look the best you can=)


All of us=)

The minister as a DJ=)

To the right is the Norwegian Christmas spirit: Aquavit. Strong, but nice:)

The main building at uni was easy to spot walking home, making me feel bad for taking the day off:/

No comments:

Post a Comment