Saturday 22 October 2011

UKA

UKA is a student festival that lasts for approximately 3 weeks. Every day is filled with stuff to do, some of it is even free. One of the main attractions is the revue at Samfundet ( a big, round, red house that students own and run). But this year it was a huge disappointment, and I took myself in thinking about whether I should go running afterwards and where it would be nice to run instead of watching the performance. The performance was good though, it was the material that was sort of flat. After the revue I went to a concert with on of the choirs at Samfundet: Knaus. And what a concert! The singing was amazing and in between they had some skits that made my laugh more than I did during the revue.


Yesterday was a theme party in a huge tent put up for the festival. The theme was to dress as a trønder, that is a person who comes from the middle of Norway. It is a lot of prejudices associated with them! I choose to dress as a farmers wife=) The bands playing were also from the area. I had been looking forward to the party, but it ended up being a huge disappointment:(  No place to sit  and way to dark. I ended up loosing my friends, but after the party ended, I found one of them and we hit the city!=) Much more fun! We did not think we would get any attention at all, but we were all wrong. The guys seemed to like us even more than usual. I don't know if I should take it as a positive or negative thing.
Here's some photos from the evening=)
Predrinking and eating sodd, a dish from the middle of Norway.

Vilde was not too happy with the sodd...

Cecile(to the left) had made a collection of typical songs for the occasion.

=)

Most girls dress up as boys 

Inger Kamilla gave in and dressed up:p

Gunnhild in her home made dress!

Having a mustache is obligatory!

 
Photo shoot on our way to the city! 

Vilde posing:p


We were quit a couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment