Friday 28 October 2011

Uka uka uka uka

During Uka life is hard. There is no time to relax, either you're studying or you're attending an event on Uka. But on wednesday I thought I would get a whole evening to relax and go to sleep early, but no:p A friend of mine had an extra ticket to a concert so of course I joined him!
As we came a bit early to samfundet we went to check out an other concert, the "folk song band" was playing. We were so surprised the place was packed; who knew folk songs were so popular among students?! All the songs are very happy, sort of naive and lacks concerns totally. Of course everyone was cheerful when after the concert, I felt super light and jumped on to the next concert.

To the Norwegian followers I just have to say: voi voi, sommer, sol og søndag og lykkens portal=) I should also mention that to no surprise a certain programming guru was at the concert and that he started dancing swing at the end.

I hadn't heard of any of the two bands, so I had no expectations. The first band was Team Me. The music was cool and they were full of energy! The girl had a very special dancing style, if it hadn't been for the music I would have guessed that she had a mental disease. But with the music it was cool! The lead singer also had amazing carisma and a smile that made you happy.

Team Me

Sign on mirror at the toilet: Okay with clean hands when you're going out grabbing:p

The other band Pelbo, was also pretty cool. The only instruments they had was a tuba and drums and they managed to make a lot of noise=) It is the first time I've seen a man playing tuba while dancing, pretty crazy!



Before we left we went to an other stage to check out a punk band that was playing for free, Fucked Up. I'm no punk fan so we didn't stay for long even though it wasn't too bad:p The guy was scary, he had hair all over and did not have a friendly appearance. Not exactly skinny either.

Yesterday was the 1969 party so we all dressed up. Before the party I went to a dinner in one of the committees I'm in. FestCom(Partycom) is the committee in my student club which arranges parties, so yesterday we practiced=) Three course meal, student songs, lots of wine and even rap battle at the end! The dinner was a success.

FestCom

Main course

It's not goon, wine comes in boxes in Norway. It's cheaper=)

Marie is waiting for an other glass of wine:)

Rap battle number 1

Preparing for battle number 2

Everyone is happy and looking at the table it's no wonder:)

Battle number 2=)

Wine<3 I want a such a big wine glass:)

Lucy posing with the hippie car

Marie posing with the hippie car...=)

All sorts of outfits
I almost made it home, but then all of a sudden some people came walking by, speaking English and I started chatting with them. Before I realized what had happened I was at an after-party drinking whiskey. (today was a tough day, Norwegian saying: hero at night, hero at day). The cool part was that one of the guys, all of which were PhD students, was from NZ. So awesome to listen to the funny dialect again. It makes me think about tint end bid and so on;)
Salmon(laks) colored dress:)
I was wearing a shiny dress and they told me I looked like a laks, that's Norwegian for salmon, so the rest of the evening I was lakswoman. After noticing the color on her dress we both were:p
This is pretty much how the after party was like..=)
I'm off to bed preparing for the last Uka event, a stand up show with three of the most famous Norwegian comedians. It's gonna be sweet=)

No comments:

Post a Comment