Wednesday 26 September 2012

Torbudalen, a nice place for recreation=)


One of the valleys leading into the mountains from Sunndalsøra, is Torbudalen. Many have made this calm and relaxing valley in a spectacular scenery their place for recreation. Although there are several areas for cabins, you hardly notice them when you're driving along the road. This is because the size and number of cabins is strictly regulated. I am ashamed to say it, but for the 10 years I have called Sunndalsøra my home, I have never visited this valley so of course I had to say yes when I was invited this autumn. To get to my friend's cabin I cycled so that I would get the time to enjoy the scenery and really see the nature. The road in itself is actually a tourist attraction, Aursjøvegen, that is worth a visit. If you also make it to Stakrafts power plant in Sunndal, you get to see photoes of how challenging it was to get equipment up the valley when the dams where built. There are several dams along the road, the largest one is Aursjødammen where you also find a cabin for tourists. There are several other cabins in the mountains nearby for those who does not mind a short hike. 
The time spent at the cabin was lovely. Not only was the company impeccable, but the activities was just how I like it: We had a hike to Håkådalshøa. A nice hike, but a bit rocky at the top. Of course games were played and lots and lots of food was eaten. A dip in the lake followed by a visit to the outdoor tub removed every last bit of tension=) On our way home we was lucky to have my friends father arrange some shooting exercise for us. There are also other possibilities in Tobudalen, like picking berries, fishing, photography etc, but there are only so much you can do during a weekend while relaxing...=)
The view down towards Sunndal.

The firs dam, I'm excited:p

Signs along the road telling the name of almost every hill. "Beautifullvalley hill"

Torbudalen seen from Håkådalshøa



Relaxing, again, after the hike=) 

cool:)

=)


No comments:

Post a Comment