Sunday 29 April 2012

Akerdagen: Yet another way to recruit students

Akerdagen (the Aker day) was arranged at uni with a nice range of lectures regarding training, training and of course it all ended with a competition. Aker had brought with them Åga Skinstad, Eldar Rønning and other celebrities from the cross country skiing environment in Norway. Even though it had been a busy few weeks and I was quite tired from all the physical activities lately I got tempted to attend one of the training sessions. Eldar Rønning who is an awesome skier, was the trainer of the session. The training was announced to be mainly intervals, but apparently they had changed their minds and it ended up being an agility session. That is, it was both harder and I got sore then I had planned. But, indeed it was fun and I got to freshen up on how to do that kind of training.
Later that day they arranged a relay in two parts; First it was a relay with 600 meters running and second a 500 meter rowing pursuit. Several groups from the students sports club had teams attending, but I felt sure the rowers would win this competition. Even though it was a close race, I was right=) Congrats! It was a really fun competition to watch too and I think Aker has found a nice way to get to know students. Instead of the usual beer, we got free fruit at this event=) Sweet!




Notice the nice facial expressions=)


Eldar Rønning(in red) had to step in as a substitute in one of the teams

Everyone is doing their best:)

No comments:

Post a Comment