Sunday 5 February 2012

Weekend and winter --> skiing=)

This has been a beautiful weekend full of skiing! It started on Friday when I went to cheer on my brother in the Norwegian Cup for cross country skiing. It was a cold experience. Minus 14 degrees C. But still fun, one just have to keep on moving and be very engaged in the cheering. I came without the start list and since the organizer of the event did not hand them out it was difficult to cheer on the people I know. I do not recognize people in skiing suits (plus there faces were more or less covered due to the cold). Luckily university's sports team have very distinct racing suits; mostly green and with some black and yellow. They are perfect; One can recognize them anywhere and from far away. The competition is very tough in Norway and on Friday not even Petter Northug jr made it to the sprint finals.

On Saturday it was my turn to participate. I signed up for Markatrimmen, a 27 km long race, skating. It had been a long time since there had been any snow at all in Trondheim, but during the night it snowed a lot and because of that the tracks were awful; they were very loose and since the track was a bit narrow to begin with it made it almost impossible to get past anyone. It was also impossible to skate up the hills because the snow was too loose and one ended up walking, and there were no breaks downhill either, just more work. Even so, I enjoyed skiing again and I made it in less than 2 hrs with a great effort at the final stage. Here are the results for those who are interested: http://www.skiklubben.no/images/stories/markatrimmen/resultater_fristil_2012.pdf

Today, the whole family except my sister,got up insanely early for a Sunday to cheer on my brother. A 10 km classic race was on the schedule. It was no warmer than Thursday so once again it was a cold experience. My brother was not pleased with the result, but I enjoy cheering on him anyway=) We were back in my apartment before I would usually get up on a Sunday!
Petter Northug jr

Vegard Godø, the only other senior from Møre og Romsdal participating in the sprint

My brother has started:)
AND when we were not outside skiing, we were sitting inside watching all types of sports where skies are involved on tv :p

No comments:

Post a Comment