Monday 12 March 2012

Cafayate: more amazing landscape and finally some wine tasting

On my way to Mendoza I wanted to go via Cafayate as I had heard that both beautiful landscape was to be found there and good wine. They are especially known for their torrontes wine.
The tour started up with a stop at a small café in the middle of nowhere. But of course next to it was a little church! This one was more modest and simple than any of the others I had seen in Argentina, I kind of like it:)




Even though the church was nice, that is not what I remember most of this trip. It is the toilet. Not that it was particularly worse here than other places I had been, but this time there was no option and there was a long time to wait for the next opportunity. Let's just say it was a work out for the thighs and that one should always bring paper towels when traveling in Argentina. If not baby-wipes as well...

We made a lot of short stops on our way to Cafayate to admire the nature. Lots of rock formations!
 
Really green place with no electricity..:-o


This place was called the amphitheater


Road work..:/
The guides were not interested in waiting for the workers to give us a green light to get passed. Instead the driver drove passed all the other cars that were waiting and as soon as the white car had passed we just had to hope a car was not coming behind that turn.

I only participated in one wine tasting before I left the tour, but it was enough for me to realize I do not fancy torrontes. The wine was way too sweet for me. As everything else in Argentina...


I had planned to stay the rest of the day in Cafayate and take a late bus towards Mendoza, but it was getting stormy so I decided to leave right away. I am glad I did. It started pouring just seconds after I got in the buss, and it didn't stop till I got off. Luckil I got one of the last seats on the bus from Tucuman to Mendoza so when I woke up the next day I was in Mendoza and it was sunny and real hot. I think my decision to leave was a good one:)
This was just the beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment